Monday 21 March 2016

Cigarette

Somebody rang the bell…

I was on bed preparing my project report. My mobile was next to me, some news was going on. I keep TV on just because it keeps me awake. It was around 6 in the evening some red-orange light was still there on my bed.

I was thinking to go out for smoke. And the doorbell rang again. I jumped off from my bed and opened the door. It was a wonder beyond that Neeraj was on door.

“Hey what happened?” I enquired.

“Can I get 110 packs of cigarette the brand you buy?”

I thought for a while that how he came to know that I have stock of cigarette.  Neeraj was a shopkeeper just opposite to my room. He has a small shop of daily need products. He was good looking guy, average built up, stands around six feet from ground and a graduation pass out three year back.

“But I am not a shopkeeper; I don’t have so many packs of cigarette.”

“Don’t gag Prashant, I know you have my neighbor told me, she do cleaning at your house.”

Now I was not left with any excuse and have to accept that yes I have packs.

“Okay, but why you want so many packs now?”

“I got an order of 150 packs from a customer for their party and I have only 40 packs so I thought let me take them from you.” He said “but I wanted to know when you do not smoke then why you buy?” He completed.

“Because I like you and it gives me a chance to see you and meet you and to talk to you.” I replied.

I generally buy a pack of cigarette and stay at his shop, talking to him for hours and hours, sometimes about his studies, sometimes about life, sometimes about news.

“Then why you never told me this, idiot” he said “I like you too…” he completed and took me in his arms without taking my permission and I couldn’t resist him. I was feeling like as if I got everything and I embraced him too. We were at door steps without caring about anybody we were in each other’s arms, holding more and more firmly… 


No comments:

Post a Comment