Wednesday 23 March 2016

Holi

She was sitting at a corner in that in-house ground; poured in color and not playing Holi with anyone.

I, Rati, Anjali, Jaggu and few of our friends were at Anjali’s place to celebrate Holi. It’s around 1 in the afternoon and everybody was engrossed in throwing colors and teasing each other. Anjali lives in joint family and her house is huge like palace because all her relatives live in same house. And while celebrating any festival she and her cousins calls their friends at their house only.

I went to Rati and asked her “why you are not playing Holi?”

“Don’t talks to me go away!!!” she just shouted on me.

What was my fault? I only asked her why she is not playing Holi that’s it. That was not an offending question to react so much. I just sat next to her.

“I am sorry.” She mutters.

“It’s okay” I said “but why are you so angry?” I asked her.

“I don’t like somebody to pour color on me.” She said in rage.

“Oh!! That is the reason you are angry.” I said “you want to wash the color?” I asked her.

“Yes” she replied “but here it is not possible as too many people are here.”

“Would you like to come to my home?”

“How far it is?”

“Not more than 10 minutes.”

“Let me inform Anjali” she said. “Anjali…, Anjali….” She yelled for her.

“What happen? Why are you shouting?” Anjali shouted on her

“I am going to her place to wash this color.”

“But why? Everybody is playing Holi and you should join us.” Anjali said

“You know very well I do not like these colors.” Rati said

“It’s okay Anjali let her wash.” I said

“Fine Priya. But be careful she is notorious naughty.” Anjali said.

We then came to my house. She washed her colors and we were then having tea and watching TV. It’s around 3 pm.

“So why you do not like to play colors?” I asked her.

“Since childhood I don’t like and so I don’t.”

“I had a friend like you she also doesn’t like to play Holi. And her name is also Rati.” I said.

“You had a friend what do you mean?”

“We got separated after 9th class and we never met till today.”

“Where she went then?”

“I heard that she shifted to Nagpur with her family but I don’t know.”

“Which school you from?”

“City Public School” I said “but why you are asking me so many things?”

“Because that’s me idiot!!!” she said zealously and she hugged me.

I too recalled all the memories and I couldn’t stop myself and I kissed her on lips and we engrossed in kisses and hugs…

“I missed you so much idiot… I love you”

“I love you too Rati, don’t leave me. Will you marry me?”

“Yes” and we were in each other’s arm and we started crying….

No comments:

Post a Comment